Manchester | Aug 2022 - Present
Marketing and Campaigns Specialist
Hope for Justice and Slave-Free Alliance
Hope for Justice exists to bring an end to modern slavery by preventing exploitation, rescuing victims, restoring lives and reforming society.
• Responsible for managing the creation and implementation of marketing campaigns throughout the year for various audiences and through multiple mediums.
• Experience in project management, digital & print marketing, social media management, consulting, graphic design, planning & execution, campaign creation and implementation.
Remote | June 2017 - July 2022
Regional Outreach Manager for Western Europe
• Responsible for marketing and outreach coverage for Minerva University in Western Europe. Promoted for my demonstrated success and given more responsibilities through this promotion.
• Designed the entire outreach program "Minerva Roots" and "Minerva Ambassadors" from ideation to full implementation over a 2-year span enabling students to become representatives of the school in their home countries across Western Europe.
• Experience in event planning and organising marketing tours in Western Europe, as well as media and content creation for marketing purposes, data collection and processing of contact databases across Western Europe, and training of recruits.
Remote | June - Aug 2021
Sustainability & Development Consultant
• Worked as a Development Consultant researching grants and funding for SMEs at a city, regional and federal level in the United States. Outlined and identified how a business can access these existing funding sources and the potential outworking of the new Biden economic plans on future funding streams, all compiled in line with the brand and platform.
• This internship was part of the Washington-Ireland Program 2021.
Remote | Jan - May 2021
Outreach and Engagement Coordinator
• Worked on a campaign to mobilise young EU voters in the 2021 local elections, supporting the3million's mission to promote EU citizens’ political rights. Responsible for managing the entire campaign from ideation to completion.
• Skills included event planning and management, content creation (infographics, videos, translations, subtitling, editing), progress tracking and reporting, liaising with other organisations and relevant stakeholders, writing press releases, social media advertising and managing volunteers.
Belfast | Nov 2020 - Jan 2021
Legal Researcher, Human Rights Centre
Queen's University Belfast
Selected as a researcher & consultant by Queen’s University Belfast for two separate public consultation projects. Working within a team to write a policy reform proposal that was published and given to the Northern Irish government to influence legislative reform in January 2021.
● Modern Slavery: Working on the Definitions and Context team to examine the legal definitions of modern slavery that exist and identify how COVID-19 has exasperated the issue. Examining the use of the “Pursue, Protect and Prevent” model to eradicate modern slavery in Northern Ireland.
● Consent to Grievous Bodily Harm as a Defence: Working on adjudicating on whether consent to GBH can be used as a legal defence in Northern Ireland. Researching and examining alternative legal approaches to lower femicide rates while respecting the right to private and family life.
Washington DC | June 2019 - August 2019
Fundraiser, Site Representative
• Worked as a face-to-face street fundraiser. Signed up over 70 donors in 10 weeks to sponsor children and/or animals equating to over $3500 immediately raised and over $56,000 intend raised independently for Save the Children, ChildFund International and the International Fund for Animal Welfare.
• Promoted to Site Representative within the first 4 weeks of the internship. Gained experience in leading and training my own team, attended travel trips to other country offices to help train other colleagues, and shifted my focus from personal to team success.
Remote | Jan 2019 - May 2019
Systems Acumen For Youth-Led Development Solutions (SAYDS)
• Developed a research paper with Professor Levy Odera on using Systems Thinking and the Science of Learning to reinvent and enhance the Kenyan education system.
• Designed training program incorporating psychology and sociology to improve fundraising and marketing techniques.
SAYDS seeks to provide youth with systems thinking frameworks to tackle complex problems employing limited resources to design effective solutions for wicked problems and deepening civic engagement.
Buenos Aires | Jan 2019 - April 2019
Policy Impact Researcher
Department of Justice and Gender, City Government of Buenos Aires
Conducted research and evaluated governmental programming focused on Ending Gender-Based Violence within the city's slum "Barrio 31" including; comparative analysis of slums country-wide and globally, legal research on gender and child protection rights, a statistical investigation into the number of cases of violence in CABA, and comparative research analysis of child abuse reporting protocols with protocols in other countries.
Complied findings into a written public policy proposal detailing prevention and protection policy recommendations presented to the City Government of Buenos Aires. This was used to influence legislation and policy reform.
Hyderabad | Feb 2018 - April 2018
Event Planner and Program Evaluator
VOICE4girls reduces social inequality surrounding gender by training adolescent girls from rural India to take control of their own lives through access to education and critical skill-building in activity-based summer camps.
• Responsible for event planning for International Women’s day, data analysis of program effectiveness, and content creation via interviews of participating girls for media generation.
Mumbai | Feb 2018 - April 2018
Neuroscience Research Intern,
Memesys Culture Labs
Worked as a research intern focused on the neurobiology of mental health disorders; specialising in research of schizophrenia, anxiety and MDD. Contributed to Research Phase 1 for Memesys Labs' "Virtual Reality for Anxiety Relief" project.
Topics included the evolutionary basis for anxiety and other mental health disorders, evolutionary medicine, neuroendocrinology of anxiety disorders, sociocultural context and its influence on anxiety, VR solutions for mental health/ behavioural modification, and existing treatments for anxiety disorders.
Hyderabad | Jan 2018 - April 2018
Cognitive Neurolinguistics Research Intern
Centre of Neural and Cognitive Sciences, Univesity of Hyderabad
Worked under the direction of Dr Ramesh Mishra, examining the relationship between Vision and Attention on Bilingualism, mapped in the brain. Experience using EEG machines.
Shanghai | August 2017
MUN Debate & Public Speaking Teacher
Chinese Debate Project
Taught middle-school-aged children preparing for MUN debate competitions in China. Focused on increasing their confidence, English-language pronunciation and enjoyment of public speaking.
Shanghai | May 2017 - August 2017
Head of Social Media Marketing
Tea Plays company is a FairTrade for-profit tea company which ensured better living standards for previously exploited tea farmers in China.
Moved to China alone at 19 years old. Ran the entire marketing department & increased social media awareness of the brand by 2033% in 2 weeks using a variety of self-created marketing strategies. Worked with Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and Facebook.
Co.Derry | Sept 2014-2015
National Youth Council of Ireland
• Elected to represent the local community and the 350,000+ youth in the area.
• Responsible for managing the financial budget from the council for the youth sector in Ireland. Focused on improving the Education, and Social Work sectors. Collected data from local young adults and youth, and ran various campaigns to solve the overarching issues.
BSc in Social Science
September 2016 - May 2020
Minerva University is a university that combines four years of world travel (to San Francisco, Seoul, Hyderabad, Berlin, Buenos Aires, London, and Taipei) and an international student body from over 60 countries, with rigorous, interdisciplinary study using the science of learning.
Dissertation: My undergraduate thesis promoted sex workers’ rights through legislative reform proposals through the analysis and evaluation of current legal approaches in Western Europe, where I illuminated the psychological and societal influences on legislation and identified how misinformation can reinforce inefficient legislation.
• Acceptance rate of 1.9%.
• Graduated with a 3.5 GPA (2.1 degree UK equivalent) BSc in Social Science: Double Concentration in Cognitive Psychology & International Politics.
LLM in Human Rights Law
Queen's University Belfast
September 2020 - December 2021
Masters of Laws (LLM) in Human Rights Law.
Graduated December 2021.
Activities and societies: Writer for the "The Verdict" Law Magazine 2020/21; French Intermediate Post-GCSE; Lawyers without Borders Member; Law Society Member.Activities and societies: Writer for the "The Verdict" Law Magazine 2020/21; French Intermediate Post-GCSE; Lawyers without Borders Member; Law Society Member.
Dissertation: My master's thesis examined who should be eligible to vote in a United Ireland referendum using political philosophy, international human rights law and contextual analysis as a precedent. Rewarded a Distinction for this thesis.
International Human Rights Law
Human Rights in Practice
Business and Human Rights
Theories of Human Rights
Approaches to Legal Research
Liverpool | Feb 2021 - Present
Global Shapers, Liverpool Hub
The Global Shapers Community is a network of Hubs developed and led by young people under 30 who are exceptional in their potential, their achievements and their drive to make a contribution to their communities, an initiative of the World Economic Forum. The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
As a member of the Liverpool Hub, I’ll be focusing on driving dialogue, action, and change in the Merseyside area. Our aim is to engage with projects to address local, regional, and global challenges. We are currently in the stage of planning new initiatives, including a research project analysing sustainable procedures in Liverpool.
Belfast | April - September 2021
Class of 2021
Washington Ireland Program
The Washington Ireland Program for Service and Leadership is a personal and professional development program that brings together promising young student leaders from universities across Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. As a member of the Class of 2021, the program has been moved online due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This year's program will include remote opportunities with US organisations and leaders, and in-person activities in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland that will build personal and professional skills.
Israel & Palestine | August 2019
In·sight brings together bright individuals from diverse academic backgrounds from around the world – for a week-long journey in areas with complex problems and conflict. I was invited to a journey in the regions of Israel and Palestine. This immersive experience both exposed us as participants to the complexity of the region and encouraged meaningful, candid dialogues and encounters which challenged our initial beliefs, opinions, and biases.
Various | 2017-2020
Social Impact and Awareness Creator
• Co-founder of ‘The Feminist Collective’, a university group that encourages global gender equality by raising awareness through privilege walks, open discussions, panels from local women, and performances to gently highlight social issues.
• Organized a play for locals in Hyderabad that highlights social and cultural issues in the area surrounding gender including; discrimination in the workplace, sexual assault on the streets, how young girls have less access to basic education just because of their gender and rights of transgender people in India.
Coleraine | Aug 2014 - Sept 2016
Founder of National Charity Campaign
• Created a national charity campaign raising awareness of Mental Illness amongst young people in Northern Ireland.
• Achieved the Millennium Volunteers Award for 200 hours volunteer work and working with the charity Fixers to create a short film and a creative piece about mental health issues, which was broadcasted on social media and national TV, illustrated via workshops in schools and performed in theatres around the country. The project was entirely designed, created, and pursued by myself and three friends.
Argentina | Jan 2019 - April 2019
TECHO is an organisation present in 19 countries of Latin America, which seeks to overcome the situation of poverty that millions of people live in settlements, through the joint action of its inhabitants and young volunteers. Through TECHO, I built houses for those whose homes had been damaged in recent floods.
Various | March 2017 - April 2018
• Working in a group within Minerva's Rethinking Economics hub interested in learning about behavioural economics, decision making, and irrationality.
• Our projects include designing and running an experiment about Minerva-students' financial planning and budgeting habits, having a journal club, and learning weekly through research papers, discussions, and TED talks.
Coleraine | Sept 2014 - 2016
Organised a fundraiser selling roses in my high school. Independently raised over £900 for International Justice Mission which resulted in rescuing over 3300 people from slavery in India.
Organised, volunteered for and taken part in over 200 hours of volunteer work per year and fundraising events for various charities including Action Cancer, St. Vincent de Paul, Lion's International, Clic Sargent, Samaritans, Childrens' Heartbeat Trust, Comic Relief, Water Aid, International Justice Mission, The Shoebox appeal, Trocaire, etc.
Languages: English (Native), French (Intermediate), Irish (Conversational) & Mandarin (Conversational).